Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Playing MINIS today.....

Starting out with a few more pictures of  the *purple* bedroom.

This room was inspired by the purple rug...I wonder whatever possessed me to buy a purple rug?
Cuz it's pretty?

I think the *odd* color combination of the rug and the couch is perfectly perfect.... it's so different, it works.



Pillows pillows pillows!

I have a secret for what I use in stufffing my mini pillows  (maybe its not a secret) can you guess what it is?

SALT! 

Yep, you read it right...salt.

It's really important to have pillows feel and look soft and bendable, plus...they plop down wonderfully because of the weight.

After they sat on the couch for a couple years (I didn't touch them) I picked them up and they were hard as a rock.  OH NO... like cement! 

I thought... "Well, that was a dumb idea, but it worked for years". 

Well..... after smushing them, the salt went right back to being soft...whew. 

You know how it gets hard in your canister?

  Did the same thing in fabric...but, no worries, it comes right back to life when "smushed". 

Saved by the "smush"!!!






We are working our way around the room.... bed next!


I'm going to move my dollhouse today, it's time to PLAY!

Have a mini-full day.

xoso

Sandy






12 comments:

  1. I thought I was looking at your own real bedroom until the end of the post.Wonderful colors and style.Love your dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Denise.... I guess that's the highest compliment to receive...that it looks SO real. So happy you stopped by...please come again.
      Have a lovely day.
      xoso
      Sandy

      Delete
  2. The purple bedroom looks fantastic Sandy!! I love your idea of salt in the cushions and I'm glad you were saved by the 'smush' :0)
    Hugs
    Vicky xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smushing is the operative word here... hehe
      Thanks for stopping by.. have a funfilled day.
      xoso
      Sandy

      Delete
  3. The room is beautiful. The colors blend well. Your cushions look fantastic but I'm afraid this won't work for me because we have high humidity here.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello... sorry it salt won't work for you. I think even with humidity when it hardens you can still smush it and it will break up. Could be wrong. Have a fun filled mini day.
      xoso
      Sandy

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful room!! I've never thought about using salt, but will have to give it a try, and won't freak out if they need a little smush now and then,lol!
    I adore the paintings on the wall :)
    Hugsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey... It really works...give it a try. I got the paintings at a mini show long ago, I'm pretty sure they are just little pictures cut out of magazines and framed.
      Have a fun filled mini kinda day.
      xoso
      Sandy

      Delete
  5. Hello Sandy,
    Genius! Sal, I would never of thought of that one! ! Pure, unadulterated genius!
    I love the color combination...I've always been a fan of purple. Once again, I think one of your strongest talents is accessorising...everything is just right! Good job! have fun playing!
    Hugs,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Giac... You are so kind! Thanks so much. Genius, not sure about that, but I'll take it. You're the genius...what work you do...whew...
      My motto: Excellence is in the details. Accessorising is my most FAVORITE part. Have a funfilled mini kinda day.
      xoso
      sandy

      Delete
  6. Salt! Love that tip. I guess sand would work if it's too humid. That is a fantastic tip. Who would have thought!!
    hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog! Your minis and photos are fantastic! I'm so glad I found your blog today! :-) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete