Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Should I PLAY or PLAY today????

I bit the bullet yesterday and moved my dollhouse from my Little House (studio) into my Big House. 



 It seems to shuffle back and forth with each new whim.

  When I moved it out to the little house last time I never took the time to *put and place* all the "stuff"... aka furniture and household items that I'd packed up..... just wasn't into it.  Whew, saved myself some work, huh?....that makes me happy.
   You wouldn't believe how many times I've moved it.    But...I'm sure you could hazzard a guess.  lol

It's such a sweet little dollhouse (that I built...1 in scale) with such wonderful toys..( I've gathered over the years) and dearly love. 

  Why can't I leave well enough alone and NOT keep moving things that are perfectly perfect right where they are?

CHANGE... I NEED CHANGE!

 Can't decide if I'll play with it or find something else to play with. 

I got this bright idea to make stripped awnings for the windows...wouldn't that be so adorable?

  I try to kid myself into thinking all work is PLAY...
Wonder what the day will bring?
Whatever it is, I hope it's fun and PRODUCTIVE!

Hope you have a wonderful day PLAYING too!

xoso

Sandy



11 comments:

  1. Another thing we have in common although I seem to have lost my muse. I used to make miniature porcelain dolls, pour, china paint, dress and sell at miniature doll shows and online but it's been a year since I've made one. (Don't know if you saw them under my Doll tab on my blog)

    I sold all my dollhouses but have kept some vignettes and every once in awhile I get the urge to play!!!

    Today I am not working, worked until 9 p.m. last night and got up at 3 a.m. to finish the job to get it turned in by 8 a.m. but I'm too tired to play, LOL, but I think I may tro to finish a bracelet I've been working on after I take a nap!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that's funny cause I went from painting and stopping a year to making jewelry and then as you say I lost my muse!!!! got tons of stuff to make some again and my paint brushes sit in their mecoy water pitcher my mom had given me before her passing! but I sat this doll house I'm working on now (my husband bought me as a special gift but I built it and put it up for a couple of 3 years lol now I'm back with it and obsessed with it mine is the Victorian farmhouse 1:12 scale and I have been modifying it with hardly any tools lol!!!! but I feel like a girl on a mission and did I say girl? LOL I'm 50 with grand children too! and playing with the little house and little items make me giggle out loud lol did that only when I was young and at Christmas!!!!

      Delete
  2. I am having a great day! Thank you! I appreciate you stopping by and joining in! I hope you visit often! I am your newest follower!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy
    Thank you so much for adding yourself to my newest follower list, I am your new follower as well. I am so going to enjoy getting to know you so much better and all that you inspire over here.

    Thank you my friend.
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your little house!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by mu site and being my newest follower. Now I am yours. Good luck with your new blog. Btw, I am Grammy to two boys, ages 6 and 2, but the 2 yr old says "Gammy." It is sticking with everyone else now. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looks amazing. I think awnings are in order-- that'd be super cute! I am working on a barbie house myself.... I just finished a little 3 tiered table :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy,

    What a gothic beauty! How old is your dollhouse? Are you going to show us the insides????

    I wish you the best time playing house.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful house, Sandy! I think most work IS play! People think I'm funny because I like to clean MOST parts of my hosue. I simply cannot imagine cleaning out the refridgerater as play!

    To lots of good change in 2012! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming my latest follower! I will certainly reciprocate! That victorian dollhouse is just so sweet. That is probably a fun hobby to "play" with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this beautiful dollhouse! I wish I was there to play with you! ♥

    ReplyDelete