Saturday, January 7, 2012

ANOTHER LAMPSHADE REVAMP...I'M ON A ROLL.....

IT SEEMS THAT I'VE TURNED THE CORNER WITH MY LAMPSHADES...I CAN'T SEEM TO STOP FUSSING WITH THEM.  SO.....

HERE'S ANOTHER THAT I'VE TWEAKED. 

TOOK MYSELF LAMPSHADE SHOPPING AT THE SALVATION ARMY DOWN THE ROAD ....

RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES, JUST SITTING THERE WAS THIS LONELY LITTLE SHADE...GRABBED IT UP, MARCHED TO THE CHECK OUT AND LOW AND BEHOLD IT WAS TWO BUCKS... WHAT A FIND. 

 NOW, WHAT TO DO !?!? 

 HAVE A FEW BURLAP COFFEE BAGS STASHED IN THE GARAGE, SO....YOU GUESSED IT, I FOUND MYSELF CUTTING ONE IN STRIPS AND GLUING THEM OVER THE EXISTING FABRIC.

 AROUND AND AROUND WE GO...WHERE WE STOP ONLY THE SHADE WILL KNOW. 






 MY 21 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER SAW IT AND COMMENTED "IT MAKES THE ROOM, GAMMY". 
 THAT SEALED THE DEAL!

 I'M HAVING SUCH A FUN TIME WITH BURLAP...CAN IT GET ANY BETTER? 

HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEKEND...ENJOY YOURSELVES... I'LL BE BACK WITH SOMETHING NEW. 

XOSO   SANDY



5 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy!
    What a great looking shade and I am loving your wallpaper in the background too! Is that wallpaper and if so, whose wallpaper is it!
    Just fantastic.

    I agree with your sweet granddaughter, it makes the room.
    :)

    Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandy!!!

    Thank you for stopping by! I love burlap and am always amazed at how people can make flowers from it, cover a chair, a lamp, when I try to work with it, I end up with a mess, LOL! Your lamp looks great!!

    Happy New Year!!

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The burlap is perfect for this shade! Very nice...very Gammy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee sacks are soooo HOT. They look cute done just about any way you can think of. One of mine went on a foot stool that I love.
    Love this shade....I never thought of cutting strips for a shade but looks like it worked great.
    Oh, and I just became your 70th follower...:))
    Do you know you have word verification on? just 'sayin.....:))

    ReplyDelete